How to Keep from Sabotaging My Goals
I want to believe that I can make the changes that I want to make.
I have good intentions. I have created plans in the past for my health and well being, and I start to follow through. Sometimes I succeed with my goals and sometimes along the way I stop using my plan.
When I stop my momentum I think, “how do I keep from sabotaging my goals and have a break through?”
Not sure why it happens. It could be because I don’t stay focused. Or I don’t see the results I think I should see.
The fear of succeeding in my health goals?
The fear of failing in my health goals?
Maybe it’s because I cave into my desires. Deep down, I know I am weak and I figure I may as well have what I want to have.
Then I realize, I am going down the road of unhealthy living. Who knows where I will be one year from now, 5 years from now, 10 years from now!
I realize that I believe sometimes that it is easier to give into what I want, than to push through to get to where I want to be.
It’s probably human nature to desire comfort. I would love to be the exception to the rule and be able to push back the self sabotage and keep moving forward.
RETRAIN OUR BRAIN
Let’s work together to redirect ourselves from deliberately trying to destroy our changes to feel good and be healthy.
With tapping, we can break old thought patterns and make new choices that will serve our bodies, our minds and our hearts.
Obstruction from successful eating and exercise can be stopped and new stories can told!
I am writing this during the Christmas season.
So many opportunities to eat cookies and treats.
I have given into satisfying those temptations with the gatherings I have attended.
The thoughts that run through my mind, “why won’t I just keep walking past the treats? I don’t even want these, why do I eat this? The truth is, is that the past few days have been stressful at home, trying to straighten out a situation.
The idea of comfort for me goes to food. I do pray for comfort and understanding, and at times that can change my focus.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, we can use the following tapping sequence below. We can do this tapping, anytime, anywhere.
I am going to say a prayer and use this before the next holiday gathering . . . stopping the sabotage of healthy eating.
TIPS BEFORE TAPPING
- Rate your emotions on the SUDS Scale to see what your starting point is.
- When you think of a stressful situation, and you feel you want to cave into reaching for food to feel better, how are you feeling? Find the number on the scale and description that best reflects how you feel.
- Keep that picture in your mind, you wanting to sabotage eating healthy, as you begin.
- Notice as you go through the sequence where your mind takes you.
TAPPING ON “SABOTAGING MY GOALS”
The set-up statement only needs to be said at the beginning of sequence. It doesn’t need to be repeated before each round. This sequence is geared towards health goals, but you can insert anything you feel you are sabotaging for yourself.
Karate Chop: (Set-up Statement)
- Even though I am scared about changes, I love and accept myself.
- Even though I don’t know why I want to mess up a good thing, I accept who I am.
- Even though I want to cave in and eat when I want, I accept myself right now.
Top of Head:
I am so weak
I can’t just stick with a program
Side of Eye:
I don’t understand why I eat to keep myself stuck
I trash my new plans before I even get started
Am I hiding from something?
Why do I feel I have to play it safe?
I’m fighting myself, and I don’t know why
I want to know why I sabotage myself
Top of Head:
It seems so easy to just follow a healthy plan
This doesn’t have to be difficult
Side of Eye:
Yet, I make it difficult and I don’t know why
Do I not feel like I am good enough?
Am I trying to protect myself from something?
What am I trying to hide from?
I want to have the focus to take care of myself
I want to feel I am worthy of feeling good and looking good
Top of Head:
No matter what I have done in my life, I don’t need to punish myself
Punishing myself won’t erase what happened
Side of Eye:
I can forgive myself and anyone involved
Forgiveness doesn’t excuse things, but it can give me freedom to move forward
Free to take care of myself emotionally
Free to take care of myself physically
Freedom to enjoy myself and stop the cycle of sabotage
I love the idea of starting fresh and feeling free!
- Take a deep breath.
- Check your rating again. Where are you on the 0-10 scale?
- If you feel the same, maybe worse about the situation, go back and tap again.
- You may not get down to a zero, that’s ok, any kind of progress makes a difference.
- You can change the wording each time you go back to tap. Add the words that you are FEELING.
- Come talk to us in the private group for support on how to keep from sabotaging your goals.