How to Overcome Jealous Feelings with Tapping
When it comes to getting, staying, and feeling fit and healthy, I can be inconsistent.
That was the inspiration for me starting this blog.
Having a vehicle to hold me accountable, like writing on a blog and creating a support group can be the key to following through!
I didn’t want to wait to start this blog until I had my ideal body and all my emotions in check. I wanted to start it from the very beginning of the journey.
When I see others who have accomplished this, and they say they did a few DVD’s, or drank diet soda instead of regular soda, I admit, I struggle wondering why can’t it get my @%*& together!
Do you ever struggle with wondering how to overcome jealous feelings?
I don’t feel I get jealous, but I do catch myself comparing where I have fallen short to those who have succeeded. That sounds helpful doesn’t it?
KILLER OF MOMENTUM AND INSPIRATION
Looking for an easy way to stop living your best life and skip reaching your goals? Try these:
- Comparing ourselves to others
- Putting others down to feel better about ourselves
- Wanting what others have
- Focusing more on others journey’s and outcomes than our own
- Ignoring underlying emotional issues that are behind health issues
Isn’t it amazing how easily we can keep ourselves from enjoying the journey God has planned for us?
The journey that others are on, were planned and meant for them. We have our own special plan . . . . and if we are focused on someone else, we may miss the greatest blessings for ourselves.
When we are in the middle of the mud, and feeling defeated, I know it can be easier said than done.
I have been knee deep in that mud.
Thankfully, we can have a second chance. A second chance means that we have the opportunity to be uniquely ourselves.
Imagine and embrace all the possibilities ahead.
TURNING IT AROUND
What are the opposite emotions of feeling jealous?
How does that make you feel to read that list? Inspired?
We can be all these things.
Imagine what it would be like to no longer compare yourself to someone else, and be effortless!
TIPS BEFORE TAPPING
- Rate your emotions on the SUDS Scale to see what your starting point is.
- When you think of a stressful situation, and you feel you want to cave into reaching for food to feel better, how are you feeling? Find the number on the scale and description that best reflects how you feel.
- Keep that picture in your mind, relating to how you compare yourself to others or get jealous.
- Notice as you go through the sequence where your mind takes you.
Here is a printable to help you break down what you are feeling and go deeper into your feelings of jealousy and comparing
yourself to others. By looking deeper at how you feel and being honest with yourself, will help while tapping.
By writing down your emotions and not overthinking as you write, you may uncover ideas, and past memories, you have forgotten about or not considered. These memories could be connected to why you are struggling with comparing yourself or being jealous.
TAPPING ON “OVERCOMING JEALOUS FEELINGS”
The set-up statement only needs to be said at the beginning of sequence. It doesn’t need to be repeated before each round.
This sequence is based on weight issues, but you can insert anything you feel you are struggling with jealousy.
Here is the link to remind you about the tapping points.
Karate Chop: (Set-up Statement)
- Even though I compare myself to others, I love and accept myself.
- Even though I struggle with being jealous of others, I accept who I am.
- Even though I wish I looked like someone with a fit body, I accept myself right now.
Top of Head:
Sometimes it feels like it’s easy for others to lose weight
I know they must be putting in the work to get the results
Side of Eye:
I put in work and feel stuck
Why do I care what other people are accomplishing?
If I am focusing on other people, I’m not taking care of myself
I don’t understand why I don’t want to give myself the gift of health
I am more focused on treating myself badly with my food choices
It makes me sad and frustrated that I am not reaching my goals like others have
Top of Head:
I have goals of my own
That’s what I could focus on
Side of Eye:
It takes more energy to worry about what other people are thinking
If I put that energy into taking care of myself, I could see progress
Am I feeling sorry for myself by comparing myself to others?
I want to be excited about my health improving
I want to be excited about moving better and feeling better
I remember the days of having fun adventures and feeling good
Top of Head:
I may be comparing myself to others who are skinny but unhappy
I desire to be healthy and happy
Side of Eye:
I can create my own story
I don’t need to be like others
I can be healthy and do it in my own way in my own time
I’m going to create my own plan
and get support from others who can encourage me
I am unique and I don’t want to compare myself anymore!
- Take a deep breath.
- Check your rating again. Where are you on the 0-10 scale?
- Think about the picture in your mind that you started with, of being jealous or comparing yourself.
- Is it still upsetting to you? If so, do another round, change up the words, and check your rating again.
- Keep doing rounds until you feel this isn’t an issue for you anymore or you can’t remember it being an issues at all.
It’s possible that you may forget what it even felt like to be jealous or comparing yourself!
- 1 How to Overcome Jealous Feelings with Tapping
- 1.1 KILLER OF MOMENTUM AND INSPIRATION
- 1.2 TURNING IT AROUND
- 1.3 TIPS BEFORE TAPPING
- 1.4 TAPPING ON “OVERCOMING JEALOUS FEELINGS”