A Prayer for Forgiveness
We hear lots about forgiveness. Many times people think, “I don’t have anyone to forgive“. While that may be true, it is so much more.
I personally learned that I was holding onto past experiences, hurts and disappointments. I felt that having to extend forgiveness meant it was a person I had to forgive. Therefore, I didn’t think I had anything to forgive.
It doesn’t always mean that someone wronged you.
It doesn’t have to be a traumatic experience.
Big and small incidents can keep us trapped, guarded, and keep people at a distance. Plus, future interaction in relationships and opportunities that come along can be effected.
You may have something tucked away in your heart that is keeping you from moving forward . . . and you could be completely unaware!
Not being able to forgive means we are stuck. Stuck in a “feeling” or an event that didn’t go the way we had hoped.
What could be holding you back from forgiving?
- Someone said they would do something and didn’t follow through
- Disappointed in yourself for doing something wrong
- Disappointed you didn’t reach a goal
- Feeling ignored by someone
- Feeling left out of a group
- You think you should be at a different place in your life
- Feeling judged
- Feeling misunderstood
- Not getting the support you need
- For bad behavior you exhibited
What might be holding us back from forgiving? Resentment, disappointment and anger can be poison.
Forgiving ourselves or someone else doesn’t mean that we will forget what happened, it just means that we are freeing ourselves from the bondage of resentment and anger.
However, we can forget things that have happened, if we are ready to.
GOD HAS FORGIVEN US
When we find comfort in you and not bad habits, and can forgive others, new opportunities open up.
We learn from our experiences, and we move forward to bigger plans that God has for us.
This may not happen overnight, but we can learn to make forgiveness a habit that can be easily extended, to others and ourselves.
- 1 A Prayer for Forgiveness
- 1.0.1 What could be holding you back from forgiving?
- 1.0.2 GOD HAS FORGIVEN US
- 1.0.3 Other Helpful Info: